Working Together Toward a Shared Vision
At Allena, we’re proud of our dynamic, thoughtful and engaging culture, and we are always looking for outstanding professionals to join our team.
We are innovators and collaborators. We fully appreciate our responsibility to the patients and to our stakeholder community, which is supporting our efforts to advance the development of novel oral enzyme therapeutics to treat complex metabolic complications.
Allena is currently seeking to fill the following openings with people who share our vision.To be considered for a position, please complete the form below and send us your resume.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the company’s daily accounting activities, ownership of its month-end closing process, and generation of monthly financial statements. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the position will require extensive and effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and senior financial management.
- Management of all daily accounting functions, including accounts payable and payroll
- Ownership of the month-end close process and generation of monthly financial statements, ensuring the timely review of the financial statements and completion of the supporting documentation
- Preparation and review of monthly journal entries, including journal entries related to accrued expenses for the company’s development pipeline
The Accounting Manager will also:
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for Allena’s external auditors
- Work closely with other functional areas for review and monitoring of budgeted amounts as compared to actual results
- Ensure effective, compliant internal control process
- Identify and implement process improvements in the month-end close process, including methods to accelerate the time necessary to complete the month-end close
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, C.P.A. certification a plus
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in public accounting and/or private industry
- Expertise in accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Biotech/pharma industry experience a plus
- International accounting experience a plus
- Experience implementing a new financial software package a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Strong financial systems skills and knowledge of reporting tools
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and senior management
Allena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.